Position – Staff Nurse - Fertility Clinic –Birmingham
Ref - DBFERTNURSBHAM
Location – Birmingham
Salary – £20,000 – £25,000k
We are currently recruiting for a Registered General Nurse (RGN) to working with in a Fertility clinic based in Birmingham.
Our clients require you to have been working for at least 2 years. Fertility/Gynae experience would be desirable but not essential.
As a member of their nursing team you are responsible for ensuring effective nursing service is provided, that quality patient care is given with particular reference to participation in the development of holistic nursing care, that the maintenance of high clinical standards is achieved in accordance with the clinics philosophy and current policies and procedures.
As A Staff Nurse you will be -
• Responsible and accountable for the provision of patient care, including phlebotomy and patient screening.
• Assist with egg collections, embryo transfers and other Gynae procedures
• Ensure that the rights, confidentiality and privacy of patients is protected at all times
• Provide advice and support as necessary throughout treatment
• To communicate and liaise with the medical/nursing staff of satellite units to provide effective patient care
• To provide accurate, clear and concise patient information
• To ensure patients well being at all times
• Ensure correct storage, control and administration of drugs and medication in accordance with clinics policies
• Ensure that adequate stocks and supplies are available for the smooth running of the clinic
• Ensure records are kept in a clear accurate and led gable manner and in accordance with the HFEA Code of Practice
• To undertake training as required
• To participate in the on call and weekend roster as required
• To take an active role in the unit’s policies and standard settings in conjunction with other team members
• To supervise junior staff in the team
• Ensure policies are followed and problems and incidents are reported as appropriate
• To participate in the collection and entering of HFEA data
• To participate in the recruitment of new patients
You will need to be -
• RGN – working for at least 2 years
• Fertility/ Gynae experience desirable not essential
• To act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and the Scope of Professional Practice
• NMC registration is maintained
• Responsible for continued professional development
• To promote equal opportunities
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• An annual bonus, payable in December if your clinic meets its targets.
• Immediate access to our pension scheme, provided by Scottish Widows, with employer contributions of 3.5%, rising to 4.5% after two years.
• Contributory BUPA health insurance and dental care schemes.
• Childcare vouchers, which save you, tax and National Insurance if you’re paying for childcare for children aged under 16.
• Free of charge 24/7 telephone line for you and your family to use for counselling, legal advice, financial advice or to discuss family matters. Face to face counselling is also available, with no cost to you.
• Season ticket travel loans for our London staff, to help with the high cost of commuting in the capital.
• Life assurance after two years’ service at 2x your annual salary, should the worst happen while you are employed by us.
• Free eye tests at any branch of Specsavers.
• Free travel insurance if you’re away on company business, attending international conferences etc.
Key Word- RGN, RN, Fertility, Gynae, Staff Nurse, Registered General Nurse, Clinical, Nurse
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.