Staff Nurse – Critical Care Unit
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 5
Salary: £29,110 - £33,822 BAR £34,763 - £37,676 per annum
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the largest hospitals in Guernsey to recruit a Staff Nurse to join their Critical Care Unit. The Critical Care Unit incorporates up to two sites within the hospital, Surgical High Dependency /ICU (7 beds) and Medical High Dependency/CCU (3 beds).
As a Staff Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering a high standard of care to high dependency and critically ill patients for allocated shifts, liaising with the multidisciplinary team and offering support and advice to patients, relatives and colleagues.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
- Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward.
- Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model.
- Manage total care of a group of patients within sphere of competence.
- Supervise the practise of newly qualified and unqualified staff.
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse.
- Completed an approved mentor course at level 2 or equivalent
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately.
- Evidence of effective communication skills with particular reference to Multidisciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers.
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.