Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 5
Salary: £29,110 - £33,822 BAR £34,763 - £37,676 per annum
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the largest hospitals in Guernsey to recruit a Staff Nurse to join their team.
As a Staff Nurse, you will be able to supervise and participate in the professional and skills development of qualified and unqualified nursing staff.
Roles and responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy.
- Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward.
- Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model.
- Manage total care of a group of patients within sphere of competence.
- Supervise the practise of newly qualified and unqualified staff.
- Ensure communication given to and received from other members of the multi-disciplinary team is effective.
Skills and experience
- Current registration with the NMC.
- Post registration experience
- Successful completion of the Preparation for Mentors course.
- Portfolio evidence to meet the agreed competence criteria level.
- ‘A’ unit or D32/D33 Assessors course.
- Completed an approved mentor preparation course at Level 2, or equivalent, or EMAP Teaching and Learning in Practiceor City and Guild 730 (Parts 1&2) Further education certificate
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided - up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successfully referring them.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.