Position – Sister/ Charge Nurse – West Suffolk
Ref – DBSCNSTED
Salary –£32,287 DOE
Hours – Full time 37.5hrs.
Our clients is looking for a Sister/ Charge Nurse to become part of the leadership team based in the West Suffolk.
Our clients is Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
There commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
Sister/ Charge Nurse Role:
- To be responsible and accountable for the management of nursing service and staff within the ward on a daily basis.
- To act as an ambassador for the hospital ensuring efficient and high standards of quality care and attention.
- To act as a resource for all ward, clinical, organisational and financial issues.
- To act as a role model for the ward team in terms of clinical, managerial and quality issues; guiding and supporting the team as appropriate.
- To be accountable for the wards in the absence of the Ward Manager and DOCs.
- To provide clear direction and leadership on professional and clinical matters whilst constantly appraising practice, promoting and using hospital / departmental policies and procedures and registration guidelines.
- By example maintain a professional approach at all times preserving the dignity and confidence of patients. To develop staff awareness of the impact of their actions on patients, Consultants and visitors.
- To ensure ongoing operational efficiency/effective cost control and appropriate use of resources by closely monitoring duty rotas, skill mix, senior nurse cover, patient allocation, A/L requests and sickness records.
- Ensure supplies are ordered and used efficiently to eliminate wasteful practices and unnecessary expense with correct charging of same. Encourage ideas for effective / good cost control within the ward.
- Make recommendations regarding equipment needs against future activity and keeping purchases and expenditure within budget.
- Motivate a busy team by facilitating multidisciplinary teamwork creating, maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Oversee nursing clinical/standards audit in the ward areas and implement nursing action or changes in policy as necessary to improve the quality of service
As a Sister/ Charge Nurse ) you must -
- RN Level 1
- Valid NMC Registration
- ENB 998 – or equivalent or willingness to undertake Mentorship programme
- ILS certified
- Additional post registration certificate desirable
- Up to date clinical skills and knowledge in acute surgery
- Ability to lead nursing teams through changes in practice and culture
- Good managerial skills including managerial, organisation and motivational skills
- Experience of financial aspects of day to day ward management
- Evidence of professional development within the scope of re-validation
- Extensive post registration experience as a Registered Nurse with recent surgical experience
- Experience in recognised speciality desirable i.e. HDU/ITU, Orthopaedics, general surgery
- Previous management experience desirable
- Healthcare Scheme
- Dental Plan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Gym membership discount
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.