Position – Service Manager MIU – Hampshire
Location – Hampshire
Reference – ZASEMIU
Salary – Dependent on experience
Hours – Full Time – Permanent Job summary:
The main role of this post holder is one of proactive general management of the unit, maintaining the strategic direction and delivering the agreed contractual requirements and targets and managing the unit within its financial framework. With the Lead Nurses the successful candidate will maintain agreed standards of service and lead, motivate and develop staff. With the lead nurses the post holder will develop the necessary relationships between partner healthcare organisations within the NHS and Social Services. This will involve leading by example, facilitating professional and clinical development, ensuring all competency and training requirements of staff are met to ensure the safe and effective delivery of care whilst ensuring they maintain confidentiality of information regarding patients and staff at all times. The role includes supporting others in the collection, analysis, and the interpretation of data for Key Performance Indicators, Clinical Risk and Audit, related to Care UK’s Clinical Governance programme. Responsible To:
Operational ManagerKey Responsibilities
• To have responsibility with the Lead nurses for the safe delivery of Clinical Patient Services, divisional and national targets: including actively monitoring patient satisfaction and the monitoring of patient health outcomes.
• To ensure all clinical shifts are covered appropriately, with the correct skill mix and numbers and the rota is fair and prepared in a timely fashion.
• To have responsibility with or in the absence of the Lead Nurse in ensuring clinical Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are met.
• To ensure both units are reflected positively in both internal and external audit activity.
• Ensure timely recruitment and adherence to processes are followed.
• Working with the team to develop the most efficient processes to support quality patient care whilst reducing wait times. They will enhance the reputation of the MIU/WIC at every opportunity through innovative solutions, review of processes, encouraging and recognising staff to go the extra mile and to ensure communication to patients is accurate and up-to-date. To manage issues effectively and to ensure you provide timely and accurate communication regarding significant issues to the Operations Manager.
• Undertake audits as required to develop or review services alongside the central audit plan. Management of a clear framework for multidisciplinary working and development of services. Ensuring there are guidelines and competencies for all disciplines. Ensure compliance with statutory responsibilities.
• To take responsibility for all aspects of data quality and integrity relating to the service. Development of the non-clinical staff ensuring all annual reviews and 6 monthly reviews are completed as per the policy. Ensuring all clinical staff annual reviews are completed as per the policy.
• To ensure that the complaint process is adhered to and quality responses are sent within policy timelines.
• Take the lead role in the event of any major incident within the unit with/in the absence of the Lead Nurse.
• Assist in the orientation and support of new staff to the unit.
• Attend and participate in senior team meetings within the centre.
• Coordinate the students on placement.
• Health & Safety & Environmental responsibility for the unit. Be conversant and comply with their Health and Safety Policy.
• Support the maintenance of standards of infection prevention and control within the unit.
• Ensure full and accurate records are maintained and confidentially held.Skills & Experience
• Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams.
• Experience of performance management of staff members.
• Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff.
• Evidence of teaching and assessing others.
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Basic IT skills.
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of audit.
• Demonstrable critical reasoning skills and decision making.
• Demonstrable evidence of multi-professional/multi-agency working.
• Perceptive, flexible and effective leadership skills.
• Ability to demonstrate effective use of staff and resources.
• Experienced in investigation of clinical incidents and monitoring of clinical key performance indicators.Key Words
– Service Manager, Senior Nurse, Minor Injuries, Management, Private Healthcare.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.