Position – Registered Nurse – Wards – Birmingham
Ref – DBSRGNED
Salary – Full time up to £27k
Hours – 37.5 hours
We are looking for Senior Registered General Nurse (RGN) to join Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in the West Midlands
Our client has a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
• To promote and maintain caring and highly professional standards of nursing; meeting the needs of the patients in all aspects and promoting job satisfaction within the nursing team.
• The post-holder is responsible for planning and delivery of patient care to the agreed standards.
• The post-holder deputises on behalf of the Department Managers of the suite or department during spans of duty.
• Ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with hospital policies and ensuring that high standards of patient care and good order are provided and maintained.
• Working closely with members of staff in the Centre and maintaining high staff morale.
• Working closely with Consultants and discussing treatment plans, care provided and future regimes.
• Ensuring that correct nursing practices are carried out as per hospital procedure file.
• Liaise closely with suite staff regarding change/update in patients condition or treatment ensuring good continuity of care between day case and inpatients
• To assist in ensuring that hospital policies for the correct ordering, storage and use of Controlled Drugs are carried out.
• To perform venepuncture, cannulation and administer IV medication.
• To ensure that correct procedures are used when handing the patient to the care of another, in particular that adequate information and instructions are given.
• To ensure that specimens are dealt with safely, labelled accurately and transported according to hospital policy.
• To anticipate and respond to the needs of the patient and their relatives, providing written and verbal information of all aspects of patient care and treatment
• Level 1 RGN essential
• ENB 998 730 or similar qualification
• Be flexible and able to manage change
• Post registration clinical courses.
• Up to date knowledge in acute surgery/orthopaedics.
• Ward management experience.
• Aware of the NMC code of accountability.
• Good communicator
• Evidence of professional development
• Healthcare Scheme
• Dental Plan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
• Shopping discount schemes
• Catering fun days
• Charity focus days
KeyWords - RGN, Senior Registered General Nurse, Senior, Lead
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.