Senior Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Permanent, Full time – 37.5hrs per week (Transportation will be provided after twilight shifts)
Competitive Salary (with a 6% Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Pulse is delighted to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit a Senior Theatre Practitioner – Scrub to join their Theatres team.
Our Client is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country.
As a Senior Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will be an integral member of staff supporting the Theatre Lead in the care of patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision.
Roles and responsibilities
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence-based practice.
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care.
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards.
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Coordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and help with clinical/operative procedures.
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- As a registered nurse or ODP you will have significant scrub experience to be able to manage complex cases which includes, cardiac, cancer, neuro, breast.
- You will also have experience in assisting with planning and implementing of peri-operative care.
- Contribution pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Annual salary review.
- 25 days annual leave with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
Should you be interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.