Position – Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics – Cheshire
Ref - EKSNRTPANAES
Salary – £35,000
Hours – Full Time
Our client has a vacancy for a Senior Theatre Practitioner - Anaesthetics to join their team of staff.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a team
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Evidence of working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/33/A1 (desirable)
- Management qualification (desirable)
- ILS (desirable)
- ALS (desirable)
- PILS (desirable)
- Enhanced Anaesthetic module (desirable)
- Previous experience at Senior level (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while managing a delegated team.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership.
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate anaesthetic equipment, drugs and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures incorporating various types of anaesthesia.
- The ability to coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during an operating list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patients identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the anaesthetic
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase on care
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.