Senior Staff Nurse Oncology job
Working hours: This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week, Monday – Friday with a variety of shift patterns depending on clinical need.
Competitive salary for this role is between £38,000 and £44,661 (dependent upon skills and experience)
We are excited to work in partnership with one of the leading healthcare providers to help them recruit for a Senior staff nurse to join their Oncology team.
As a Senior Staff Nurse you will ensure that patients and visitors receive the level of service that conforms to the hospitals vision, aspiration and values. The role co-ordinates all functions and activities to ensure a smooth-running service to patients and their families. You will be responsible for working in a supporting experienced nursing team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment. This will include meeting their medical, physical and emotional needs by effectively communicating with the patient and their families.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain clinical competency in cannulation, care of CVADs and administration techniques
- Assess the educational and informational needs of the patient and family. This includes producing and using appropriate materials to ensure optimum
- Understanding of nursing care and the likely outcome
- Liaise and work closely with relevant Clinical Nurse Specialists / Clinic, Doctor /Clinical Team / Consultants / Primary Care Teams in the provision of a professional critical care / cancer nursing service, and use skills identified for the post to provide a specialist input to the care that is planned for and delivered to individual patients
- NMC registered nurse
- Post grad experience within a oncology setting
- Previous experience of providing chemo
- Effective preceptorship / mentorship skills
- Basic cardiac life support
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
If you would like to find out more about this fantastic role, then please call the dedicated consultant today on 0207 959 1102.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.