Senior Staff Nurse – Neonatal Unit
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 6
Salary: £34,763 – £41,956 BAR £43,327 – £47,094 per annum
Pulse is recruiting a Senior Staff Nurse for a Neonatal Unit in a recognised hospital t in Guernsey.
As a Senior Staff Nurse in the Neonatal Unit, you take a lead in an agreed area of neonatal care and facilitate this in the service development. Act as a resource and supervisor to all staff working within the area, act as a mentor/preceptor/supervisor to students and other learners. You will promote an environment that is conducive to quality learning and assessment. You will have the expertise to care for every level of the sick neonate, at times as a lone worker.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To be professionally accountable and to recognise own limitations of work and practice within the NMC Code of Conduct.
- To be responsible for the assessment and planning, implementation and evaluation of care, in negotiation with the family adapting to the individual needs of the infant.
- To attend labour ward and competently assist in the resuscitation and stabilisation of a new born.
- To act as an advocate for the child and their family ensuring the provision of appropriate information and support services.
- To take responsibility for a defined group of patients.
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Children’s Nurse or RN Child/RGN
- Diploma/Degree in related field
- EMB 405 or equivalent
- NLS provider
- A minimum of 2 years neonatal nursing experience
- Leadership and/or management training
- Assessing and mentoring qualification
- Evidence of child protection training
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.