Senior Staff Nurse – ITU
Salary: £40,195 per annum (Dependent on skills and experience plus additional shift enhancement)
Permanent, Full time – 37.5hrs per week
Pulse is excited to work in partnership with one of the UK’s leading healthcare providers to recruit a Senior Staff Nurse (ITU) to join their Intensive Care Team.
As a Senior Staff Nurse – ITU, you will work across an extremely diverse and acute patient-load covering a range of specialities including; Urology, HPB, Colorectal, Oncology, General Surgery, Gynae and Head & Neck.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs.
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges.
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action.
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy.
- Contributing to the ongoing research-based care and other practice development initiatives.
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner.
- NMC Registered General Nurse.
- General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience, ideally with experience of one of the unit specialisms.
- Motivated and forward-thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Practice Assessor Course.
- Critical Care Course (60 Credit).
- Private pension
- Private healthcare for your whole family and access to private GP
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Critical illness cover
- 247.5hrs annual holidays, with the option to buy and sell
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions
If you are interested in this role, please contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information. If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, you can earn up to £250* voucher for successful* referral.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.