Senior Staff Nurse - Emergency Department
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 6
Salary: £34,763 - £41,956 BAR £43,327 - £47,094 per annum
Pulse is recruiting a Senior Staff Nurse for an Emergency Department in Guernsey.
As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will regularly take charge of the Emergency Department and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in an adapting environment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To undertake the assessment of patients/clients with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs.
- To guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and
- evaluation of patient/client care.
- To initiate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of patients/clients with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To lead a team of staff in emergency and other acute situations, ensuring that the patient’s/client’s needs are met and that significant others are supported.
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Evidence of CPD at Diploma Level
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience within Emergency Care
- European paediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Advanced Life Support Provider
- Trauma Intermediate Life Support course
- Mentorship or teaching qualification
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided - up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.