Position –Senior Staff Nurse – Critical Care/ Wards - South Glamorgan
Ref - DBSSNCCWACAR
Salary – Band 6/7
My clients are looking to recruit motivated Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) to join our committed Critical Care nursing team and Wards. Offering Level 2 and Level 3 care to patients following multi-specialist procedures which including Cardiac, Neuro, Spinal, Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary, complex Orthopaedics and Bariatric, amongst others.
Our Client is the largest independent acute hospital in Wales and offers a range of treatments from diagnostics imaging to major surgery. They have a recently invested in a state of the art Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where those patients undergoing complex procedures can have confidence in there highly skilled specialist nurses.
Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) will be –
• Allocated into a team who will support there development and access in-house and regional study sessions related to critical care nursing, cardiology intervention and surgical specialities.
• In house training will be provided tailored to your needs.
• Opportunities to work on the inpatient surgical ward and day surgery unit to maintain you multi-speciality skills, in caring for all types of patients with a variety of needs.
• Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs
• Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and well being needs
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop knowledge and practice in own area of work.
• Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health,
safety and security.
• Develop and improve services.
• Improve quality.
• Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity
• Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practice.
• Plan, allocate, assess and provide feedback to team members.
• Maintain and support the efficient use of physical and financial resources
• Human Resource Activities.
• Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical
• Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and
health and safety competencies.
• Analysing staff and ward management problems and coming up with viable solutions
• Working as a practitioner in and across multidisciplinary teams
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied
patient case mixes
• English language to IELTS 7.0
• Challenging consultants to influence evidence based practice
• Share evidence based practices with colleagues to enhance service and standards
• Experience of working in partnership with consultants and participating in creating innovative solution for the service
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience of independent sector
• Support the commercial development of the business locally
• Root cause analysis
• Supervisory/ Management Qualification (desirable)
RGN, Critical Care, ICU, HDU, CCU, Intensive Care, Staff Nurse, Registered Nurse, Wards, Senior Staff Nurse
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.