Senior Staff Nurse – Critical Care Unit
Permanent, Full time
Grade: Band 6
Salary: £34,763 – £41,956 BAR £43,327 – £47,094 per annum
Pulse is recruiting a Senior Staff Nurse for a Critical Care Uni in Guernsey. The Critical Care Unit incorporates Medical and Surgical High Dependency Units as well as Intensive Care Unit in a total 7 bed department.
As a Senior Staff Nurse in the CCU, you will be responsible for delivering a high standard of care to high dependency and critically ill patients for allocated shifts, liaising with the multidisciplinary team and offering support and advice to patients, relatives and colleagues.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for the critically ill.
- To autonomously initiate urgent interventions as patient/client condition dictates. correctly interpreting changes in patient status and implementing prescribed plans of care.
- To provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the post-holder’s experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- To participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of patients/clients together with providing support for other patients/clients.
- To maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards.
Skills and experience:
- NMC Registered Nurse
- 2 years post registration Critical Care experience
- Completed National Critical Care Competencies (or equivalent knowledge & skill obtained through experience)
- Advanced Life Support Qualification
- Completed an approved mentor course at level 4/5 or equivalent
- Completion of ICU course or Coronary Care Course at Level 5
- Completed Level 2 National Critical Care Comp
- Expenses for interview will be covered i.e. for any flights needed
- Relocation package provided – up to £5,000
- Generous Annual leave
Should you be interested in this role, please do contact the team on 0207 959 1102 for more information.
If this position is not right for you but you know a friend or colleague that may be interested, to earn a £250 voucher please do refer on their details.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.