Position – Senior Registered Nurse - Sheffield
Ref - EKSRGNS
Salary – £29,500
Hours – Full Time
Our client in Sheffield has a vacancy for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff. This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• ENB 998 preferable
• Post Registration clinical courses preferable, but not essential.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
• Understanding of NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• Knowledge in acute medical / surgical nursing.
• Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP.
• Knowledge of Customer Care and Quality Assurance tools
• Good communication.
• Significant experience in an acute post registration setting.
• Preferred working knowledge of the independent sector, but not essential.
Duties of this role include:
• To deliver at all times high standards of quality care by assessment, evaluation and implementation of patient needs and guide others in this process.
• To act at all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
• To accept delegated responsibilities from the Ward Sister as required.
• Monitor and be responsible for staffing levels in relation to patient dependency.
• Ensure accurate records of patients’ care and progress maintained through individualised care plans.
• To formulate, in conjunction with Senior Nursing staff, procedures and standards and participate in Clinical Audits.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation. To remain updated on Infection Control and COSHH issues.
• Ensure safe handling and maintenance of equipment.
• To participate through mentorship in the orientation and development of junior staff.
• To work effectively with the medical staff.
• To ensure compliance with all local and corporate policies and procedures
• To remain updated on Infection Control and COSHH issues
• Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Key Words: Senior, RGN, Acute, Medical, Wards, Sheffield, South Yorkshire.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.