Position – Senior Registered General Nurse – ITU – Basingstoke, Hampshire
Ref – ZASNRITUHAMP
Hours –Full Time
Our Client has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to patients and staff. Their mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK.
Their Hospital based in Hampshire has a vacancy for a Senior Registered General Nurse to join their team of staff in the ITU department.
This is a full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover three 12 hour shifts per week and will include both day and night shifts.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC registration.
- ENB 100 Intensive Care Nursing Course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Transfer Course
- An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality of care while maintaining a business focus.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills (Desirable)
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course. (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their critical care phase of care by using appropriate clinical and leadership skills to ensure the delivery of quality evidence based care, in accordance to agreed operational policies and procedures.
- To support, co-ordinate and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the CCU.
- Assist in the delivery of a high standard of patient care within the CCU. Respecting the patient’s dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs at all times.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice and be an active contributor to quality improvement programmes.
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self by promoting continual professional development.
- Participate in annual performance reviews, identifying own training needs and personal objectives which contribute to own continual professional development.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures
An attractive benefits package awaits the successful applicant, including a competitive salary circa £38,000 per annum.
Key Words- Senior Registered General Nurse, ITU, Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit, RGN.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.