Position – Senior Pre-Assessment Nurse
Location – Brighton
Reference – ZAPREASS
Salary – £26,000 – £32,000
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for an exceptional Pre-assessment Nurse with extensive clinical experience.
My client will match your dedication to providing the highest standards of patient care with a commitment to your continuous professional development, starting with offering varied and diverse caseloads to further enhance your skills and knowledge.
About the pre-assessment role
This role combines technical expertise with empathetic patient care. It’s not only about making correct assessments in accordance with protocols, but also about giving patients reassurance and support.
Reporting to the Outpatient Manager, you’ll be part of a close-knit team with matron-led care and consultant-led service. This role will give you opportunities to work with leading practitioners and to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
Your key accountabilities will be:
Supervising and supporting clinical support staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet development needs
Delivering high quality patient care, which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as part of a collaborative programme
Nursing qualifications, skills and values
As a nurse or practitioner registered with the appropriate governing body, you’ll have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration. You’ll also have post-registration experience. Immediate / Advanced Life Support is desirable.
Like us, you believe in putting people first. So you’ll appreciate having the time to care – to fully understand each patient’s needs and give them and their families the comfort and reassurance that can mean so much. This is the type of care that comes naturally to a talented professional.
You’ll be an excellent communicator and team worker – flexible and motivated. As part of the wider hospital team, you’ll interact with practitioners from other areas because you understand that continuity in patient care is key.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Must be NMC registered
• Ideally a Diploma/Degree in a health related subject (but not essential)
• Qualification in Teaching & Assessment
• Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• A Professional Management Qualification ie. NVQ Level 2 or 3 (desirable)
• Immediate Life Support (preferred)
• Advanced Life Support (desirable)
• Management experience
• Further professional training, experience and preferably a qualification in specialist area
• A strong clinical background
• Preferably 2 years relevant experience as a qualified practitioner
• A strong track record in leading and developing a team and being part of a team
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and influencing skills
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Good computer skills
Benefits – In return for your professionalism and commitment we offer the following competitive salary and benefits package:
• Continuing professional and career development
• Generous holiday and leave arrangements
• Flexible pension options
• Life assurance and healthcare schemes
• Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
• Free Gym membership with heavily subsidised memberships for family
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
• Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.