Position: Scrub Practitioner - Hampshire
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Hours: Full time – 37.5 Hrs
The Vacancy –
My client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Scrub Practitioner to join their multidisciplinary team at Hampshire. The treatment centre provides consultant-led investigations and assessments for health problems which may need surgery, for NHS patients. They provide surgery in their outpatient, day case or inpatient departments depending on your clinical needs.Responsible To:
Theatre ManagerKey Responsibilities
As a Scrub Practitioner you will undertake all aspects of clinical work in the theatre area and provide a high standard of patient care and safety. Key duties will include:
• Being responsible for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase.
• Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice and are provided by means of appropriate equipment, within the agreed patient care pathways.
• Ensuring that patients made informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal requirements.
• Ensuring that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients.
• Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the theatre complex is maintained, adhering to infection control policies and procedures, Health and Safety policies and procedures.Skills, Experience and Qualifications -
• To be successful in this role you will have:
• Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner.
• Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department.
• NMC registered Nurse Part 1.
• HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner.Key Words –
Theatre, Scrub, Multidisciplinary, Scrub Practitioner, NMC, HCPC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.