Position – Theatre Practitioner (Scrub) – Theatre - Derby
Salary – Competitive Salary
Hours – Full Time 37.5hrs per Week
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Scrub Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary theatre team at Derby.
Our clients treat only NHS patients; they offer orthopaedic care for people in the South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire areas.
They offer a wide range of treatments, from minor hand and foot procedures that can be carried out as day cases, to more complex treatments that require a longer stay with us, including hip, knee and shoulder replacements. Above all, we’re passionate about giving you the best possible care and helping you to feel better, faster.
Our Clients have invested more than £12 million in our state of the art facilities, which include three operating theatres, 36 ward beds, an outpatient and x-ray department, pathology services, a pharmacy and a physiotherapy gym.
Scrub Practioner Role:
- Cleaning and disinfection of the theatre and equipment, in between, and after the daily theatre cases
- Responsibly for the “total patient” in your care during the peri-operative phase
- Maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality
- Preventing injuries and sepsis
- Understanding and executing correct procedures
- Knowledge and understanding the correct “scrubbing” procedures
- Undertaking any specific duties as delegated by the Team Leader on an ad-hoc basis
Scrub Practioner you must -
Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner Desirable but not essential:
- First Assistant qualification
- Registered Nurse, Level 1
- HCPC registered Operating Department Practitioner
- To be well organised and calm
- Infection control audit results
- National Care Standards compliance
- Verbal and written communication skills
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.