Position – Scrub Orthopaedic Lead – Chelmsford, Essex
Ref – ZAORTHOLDCHEL
Salary – Competitive Salary
Hours –Full Time
Fantastic opportunity at one of Essex’s leading private hospitals who are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Orthopaedic Lead to join their Theatre department and lead the Orthopaedic Scrub Team.
The Theatre Department consists of 5 theatres and they are currently expanding their facilities which will include two new theatres along with a dedicated Cancer Centre.
The successful candidate will have excellent scrub skills, preferably hold an ASP qualification and have experience in a leadership role. You will report to the Theatre Manager.
Applicants must have excellent communication and leadership skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of the multidisciplinary team.
Applicants for this position should meet the following criteria:
• Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the team
• Experience in orthopaedic Scrub & multi-speciality surgical procedures
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in theatres
• Previous clinical supervisory experience
• Recognised Theatre course (desirable)
• Recognised teaching qualification (desirable)
• Ability to deal with difficult and sensitive issues in a supportive and professional manner to effect positive outcomes
• Ability to gain the confidence of colleagues and peers
Duties of this role include:
• Facilitate the smooth running of theatre lists by leadership, mentoring and motivating staff
• Lead the on-call team
• Effectively manage the day to day running of theatre department in the absence of theatre manager or deputy manager
• Facilitate learning of junior staff members, HCA’s and allocated students
• Ability to assist the surgeon/physician/anaesthetist in routine duties relevant to the speciality
• Lead quality control processes, ensuring procedures and documentation is completed accurately at all times
• Lead data collection in order to capture revenue effectively and efficiently in a timely manner
• Lead a theatre team with regard to ongoing development, completion of appraisals and PDR’s.
• Competitive salary dependent upon skills and qualifications
• 25 days annual leave
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Ongoing training and development
• Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.