Position: RGN – Dementia Care – Coventry
Salary: Up to £30,000 – Dependant upon Experience
Hours: Flexible – Night Shifts
My client’s nursing home pride them selves in providing a home where residents live in a relaxed and caring environment.
They aim to ensure all residents receive the highest possible quality care by maintaining dignity and ensuring safety at all times whilst respecting their individual requirements in an effective and responsive manner.
The Home Manager / Matron
Key Working Relationships:
• Homes Manager/Matron
• Deputy Nurse Manager
• Other qualified nursing staff, care assistants and ancillary/support staff.
• Visiting GPs and health care professionals
• The service users carers and families
• The Commission for Social Care Inspection
• To conduct care and management in such a way so as not to bring the Home or its service users into disrepute.
• To maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the Home..
• Reporting all incidents and accidents involving service users, visitors, staff and self as they occur.
• To delegate responsibilities within legal and ethical boundaries.
• To be knowledgeable regarding health and safety at work including environmental health.
• To be fully conversant with emergency procedures including fire and evacuation.
• Notifying the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy Managers of any intended absence from duty and the date of intended return as soon as is practically possible.
• Allocate and co-ordinate daily duties of care staff.
• Be involved in in-service training of all new staff for both day and night duty.
• To carry out any other duties allocated by the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy managers.
• Arrive on duty punctually, correctly dressed with a tidy appearance.
• To investigate and inform the Home Manager/Matron of all complaints received.
• To maintain proper and accurate records in accordance with statutory requirements and the policy and procedures of the Home.
• To be knowledgeable regarding the whereabouts of service users at all times.
• To ensure that a high quality of nursing care is delivered to all service users.
• Ensure that care plans are implemented to achieve the goals set.
• Undertake the evaluation of care plans, modifying and redefining goals as appropriate.
• Liase with family members, GP and all other member of the health and social care multi-disciplinary team on matters concerning the service users care.
• Be involved in the development of clinical nursing practice to ensure service users receive care that is consistent and reliable, demonstrating a quality approach.
• Facilitate the provision of a person centred approach by the identification of a named nurse and key worker for each service user, and support the continuity of care approach.
• To order and store drugs in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Be familiar with and implement the Homes policies and procedures and their statutory responsibilities and ensuring that other staff do likewise
• To attend and contribute to staff meetings
• Leading, participating in and promoting teamwork and good working relationships both internally and externally
• Working in liaison with all staff to improve service user care and ensure the smooth running of the Home at all times
• Assist in maintaining and developing established communication systems
• To documents any repairs and renewals of fixtures and fittings promptly and appropriately
• Ensure the safe custody of service users property and valuables
• Assist in providing a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere for service users and visitors
• To counsel and support staff as appropriate
• Interview nursing staff with the Home Manager/Matron or Deputy Manager
Qualifications, Experience and abilities:
• Registered General Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse
• A minimum of 1 year in the field of care of the older person
• To be able to undertake an assessment of need of older people
• Working with person centred approaches to the care of the older person
• To be able to demonstrate self management skills
• To be able to identify the need for change
• To be able to communicate effectively with a range of professionals and the general public
• To be able to identify personal training needs
• Demonstrate an understanding of evidence based practice
• An understanding of the variety of mechanisms that can be used for the development of effective care planning
• To be able to demonstrate personal development in the field of nursing the older adult.
• Have an understanding of audit and the principals of evidence based practice.
• Reasonably smart appearance
• Speech clear and articulate
• Warm, friendly, approachable
• Mature outlook
• Integrity and sensitive to the needs of the service user
• Sense of humour
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.