Position: RGN - Day Case Surgery – Berkshire
Hours: Full Time
Job Summary -
My client is looking for a Registered Nurse who can work flexible, as part of the hospital’s clinical team, to provide the highest standards of nursing care to our patients; to maintain high standards of communication throughout the hospital, and to make a positive contribution towards the team’s pursuit of excellence
Principal Responsibilities - Clinical:
• Providing the highest standards of nursing care as required within each of our care settings
• Preparing clinic rooms for procedures including preparation of sterile instrumentation, equipment and supplies as required, ensuring appropriate use of resources and minimal waste
• Ensuring the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
• Acting as mentor for students, learners, junior nurses and Health Care Assistants and recording progress, as appropriate
• Participating in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
• Organising own time and taking responsibility for duties delegated by the Lead Nurse or unit nursing lead
• Complying with Circle policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incident Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
• Reporting all accidents and untoward incidents and complete appropriate forms.
• Acting as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
• Developing the patient pathway to ensure that the patient is prepared physically and psychologically to undergo necessary procedures.
• Ensuring patient receives the appropriate documented information for the planned procedure.
• Obtaining patient consent for specific procedures after undertaking appropriate on line packages/skills training.
• Delivering patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research and evidence based best clinical practice.
• Leading by example to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
• Understanding and apply a holistic patient centered care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs of each patient
• Working within flexible rosters, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff to meet the needs of our patientsQualifications and Experience:
• Experience in a similar role
• NMC registration
• Demonstrable record of CPD
• Knowledge of current issues in professional practice with particular relevance to the Unit
• Knowledge of standards of professional practice in the wider healthcare contextDesirable:
• Additional registration
• Post basic course
• Research and audit experience
• Evidence of change management
• Completion of all local competency packagesSkills, abilities and behaviors: Essential:
• A calm, caring and emphatic attitude towards patients, relatives & colleagues
• An ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, with a commitment to collaborative working
• Team-building skills
• Excellent standard of patient care
• Flexible approach to work and working hours
• Strong organisational skills
• Relate well to all staff
• Diligent and enthusiastic
• Willingness to learn new skills through practical experience
• IT skills and awareness
• Flexibility to work in different specialties
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.