Role: Regulation Manager – Learning Disabilities Service
Reference - STDGRMAY
Location – York
Salary - £50,000 - £55,000
Hours - Full time – permanent
My client cares for and supports adults living with a learning disability or autism in specialist hospitals and residential services throughout the UK.
Their purpose is to make a positive difference to the people and their families by delivering person-centred health and social care that helps their service users to fulfil the things they want out of life.
I’m working on their behalf, as they are currently seeking a Regulation Manager. As a Regulation Manager, you will manage and co-ordinate the regulatory process that ensures compliance with all statutory UK wide regulations. You will lead the undertaking of annual internal Quality Development Reviews (internal audit) of all services across the group with re-audits scheduled on either a 3 monthly or annual basis.
You will also manage and monitor improvements to the group’s quality watch list of priority services and escalate any concerns to the Director of Nursing & Governance who will report these to the Group CEO/board. You will be based in the central support office in York and be provided with a company car.
• Implement appropriate methods to monitor compliance against UK wide regulation through the use of regular internal compliance inspections/audits,
• Be responsible for supporting Service Managers in preparing for regulatory inspections
• Proactively assist Service Managers and staff, when necessary, in the successful execution of regulatory inspections,
• Develop sound systems to ensure that all regulatory evidence is effectively collated and updated and accessible at service level
• Provide assistance and direction to Service Managers when responding to compliance reports and develop action plans as required,
• Undertake internal regulatory compliance inspections in response to incidents as required
• Work with Service Managers and other key staff to develop training materials and guidance on evidence gathering in support of the compliance process
• Develop, implement and monitor relevant and appropriate action plans in relation to non-compliance and/or poor performance
• Routinely escalate incidents of non-compliance to the Governance Team and Operational Managers and provide relevant information and action plans for addressing shortfalls
• To review all new guidance and information from regulatory bodies to maintain an up to date knowledge of regulation and disseminate to all relevant staff
• To provide regular and robust reports on themes and trends from internal and external compliance reviews including learning outcomes.
• To oversee and manage the internal quality watch list process reporting progress into the Director of Governance on a weekly basis.
• Degree level educated in health related area – RNLD/RMN
• Minimum 5 years healthcare experience
• Clinical audit and effectiveness experience
• Experience of working with Service users to improve services
• Excellent report writing skills
• Excellent communication skills verbal skills at all levels within an organisation
• Generous salary - £50,000 - £55,000
• Company car
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.