Position –Registered Nurse – Termination of Pregnancy Services – Glastonbury
Ref – ZARGNSHGLA
Salary – £28,471+ (pro rata to hours)
Hours – Part-time 10 hours
We are looking for experienced Nurses with a passion for gynaecology/sexual and reproductive healthcare to work in our Early Medical Unit in Glastonbury. You can expect to work in a busy and fast-paced environment, providing excellent clinical care and guidance to our clients, Day-to-day, you will work with the team offering services such as contraception, pregnancy testing, ultrasound scanning (training provided), unplanned pregnancy consultations, abortion, vasectomy, STI testing and treatment and cervical screening.
The salary for this role is £28,471 pro rata for 2 days a week, Friday and Saturday.
Working hours are 8am – 2pm on Fridays and 8am – 12 noon on a Saturdays.
You will train in the main surgical centre in Bristol, before being released to work in the surrounding Early Medical Unit in Glastonbury. The ideal candidate will be ‘Pro-Choice’ on abortion.
- Consultation and Admission of clients
- Consenting clients
- Undertaking Procedure including pregnancy testing, Chlamydia / STI Screening, Blood testing and ultrasound scanning (training provided)
- Maintenance of clinic environment including apparatus and clinical/hazardous waste
- Maintenance of Health and Safety Standards & COSHH Regulations
- Recovery of clients and monitoring observations following treatment
- Administration of drugs to clients, following NMC guidelines & MSI Policy and procedure
- Checking of stock levels and participating in the ordering of stores as directed by the Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Operations Manager
- Follow Infection Control policies and procedures Supervision and Training
- Supervision of unqualified team members
- Participation in training and development
- Mentorship and coaching for new and existing team
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Post registration experience
- Accident and emergency experience (desirable)
- Theatre experience (desirable)
- Gynaecology (desirable)
- Family planning (desirable)
- English Language and Mathematics to GCSE standard or equivalent
- RN level 1 or 2
- Current ILS certificate
- Hold in date Intermediate Life Support Certificate
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918 720922 or 0161 245 4453 alternatively please forward your CV to email@example.com
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.