Position –Registered Nurse – Surgical Wards - Lancaster
Ref – EKRGNTHER
Salary – £23,000
Hours – Full Time
Our client has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Nursing department. This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis at 37.5 hours per week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Current first level Registered Nurse with NMC
• Evidence of recent professional development
• Minimum two years post registration relevant experience within an elective surgical setting
• ENB 998 or City and Guilds 730 or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrable leadership skills
• Willingness to extend clinical knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of physiological systems and disease processes
• Broad range of knowledge relating to different elective surgical procedures and the associated risks and benefits of surgery
• IT Skills
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Good organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
• This post will take the lead role for the pre-operative assessment of patients awaiting elective day case surgery and will participate in pre-screening and pre-assessment across all the surgical specialities.
• The key focus is to ensure that patients are prepared physically and psychologically for a planned operative procedure, ensuring appropriate information provision and identifying potential discharge concerns.
• The pre-screening function ensures that patients are fit and able to undergo a surgical procedure, prior to addition to the waiting list.
• This role will be responsible for ensuring a comprehensive, patient centred service for surgical Patients' This requires autonomous nurse led practice for patients due to attend the day surgery unit and clinical expertise in result interpretation and decision making.
• To work in accordance with the standards set by the Nursing Professional Bodies, and in accordance with Hospitals Nursing Policies and Guidelines.
Key Words – Theatre, Registered Nurse, Wards, Surgical, Pre-Operative Assessment, Pre-Screening
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.