Pulse has an excellent and rewarding home based placement for an experienced male Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD) to work with a vulnerable 15 year old boy in South West London.
Please note, due to client requirements, we are only able to accept applications from male nurses
If successful, you'll be working directly with this service user, working 12 hour shifts as part of a four man team (the service user is currently receiving a 4:1 care package 24 hours per day).
The service user is diagnosed with the following:
- Mild Learning Disability
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Speech and Language impairment
- Significant and impairing symptoms of anxiety
- Physically aggressive challenging behaviours (towards self and others) that require the use of Restrictive Physical Intervention and Breakaway techniques.
Suitable candidates will need the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, taking into account the service users language difficulties
- Experience of leading small teams
- Experience of working closely with a service user's family and the ability to act as a liaison between the care team, the service user's family and the wider MDT involved in this service user's care provision.
- Have experience of supporting service user's who can present with physically aggressive behaviours (in house BILD accredited training will be provided)
- Medication administration (RNLDs) only
- Be able to liaise with MDT members and support care teams in implementing PLD models of care.
- Work in partnership with MDT and care staff members to ensure care delivery and positive behavioural interventions are applied as prescribed to ensure continuity of care and approach
Rewarding – competitive pay rates and bonuses of up to £250 for recommending your friends*
Flexible – work the shifts that suit your lifestyle
Easy – quick and convenient online recruitment process
Recognising– earn points for every hour you work and turn them into rewards
Modern– update your availability and book your own shifts with our free smartphone app, ipoint
Reliable– faster pay with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and umbrella
Supportive – specialist re-validation support and access to high quality training and development
Complete – a first class service from a leading UK nursing agency
If you’re looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to change a very vulnerable young man's life into a much more positive experience, then please apply below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Due to the specific client requirements of this role we are only able to accept applications from male candidates as per *Section 7.2 (d) and (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1976
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.