I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Nurse (RGN) with significant post registration experience in Haematology to join this specialist Cancer Treatment Service providing support to patients from diagnosis to outpatient care.
The unit itself enables Registered General Nurses who specialise in Haematology to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate standards of specialist care to ensure a high level of service to patients. The service provides holistic care to those with a variety of haematological malignancies and offers treatment for acute leukaemia, high grade lymphomas and manages the side effects of these treatments.
You will have experience working in a similar role in a private or NHS setting. You will be working in a supportive culture and offered professional and emotional support due to the nature of the prognoses your patients may have. You will support and treat a diverse range of patients and will be an effective communicator with both them and their families.
The benefits of this Registered Nurse (RGN) Haematology role include:
- Generous salary package
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- Clear career pathways
- Access to further education
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse – Haematology:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Supporting with the operational function of the unit
- Acting as a role model for junior team members and supporting in the delivery of specialist nursing care
- Monitoring patient care and interventions appropriately
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Attending IV/Chemotherapy drug administration training
- Implementing a holistic approach in the care of patients requiring infection control precautions
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RGN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Desire to pursue and develop a career in Haematology
- Up to date clinical experience
- Passion for delivering high standards of care, investing in their own personal development and that of the unit
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.