Position – Registered Night Nurse- York
Location – York
Ref – STRNNYR
Salary – £26,000 - £28,000
Hours – Full Time – Night ShiftsJob Summary:
My client is currently seeking an Registered General Nurse to join their specialist neurological rehabilitation team in York, providing intensive assessment and rehabilitation for a spectrum of neurological conditions including acquired brain injury, spinal injury and stroke, alongside longer-term support for individuals with progressive neurological conditions such as Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and Parkinson’s disease.
My client has provided a specialist four-bed spinal service for ventilated patients Specialist nurses. The site provides care for those who are minimally conscious or in a state of low arousal. Residents with ongoing nursing needs resulting from diabetes, epilepsy, open wounds and those with stoma, tracheostomy or feeding tubes can also be supported.
Disability management and longer-term support is provided for those with progressive neurological conditions such as Huntington’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neurone disease and Parkinson’s disease. The site also provides enhanced respite care for those who are living at home but would like to maintain their independence. In addition, an outpatient service for non residents is available for those who need the support and expertise of therapy staff.Responsibilities
• Exercise general and professional supervision of nursing and rehabilitation staff on shift.
• Lead and work with nursing and rehabilitation staff to ensure a high standard of rehabilitation for residents.
• Monitor performance and assist in identifying training and development needs in accordance with laid down requirements.
• Supervise nursing and rehabilitation activities according to rehabilitation plans.
• Ensure the updating and adaptation of rotas as necessary to ensure adequate cover in the nursing and rehabilitation team, keeping within allocated staff establishment hours.Essential:
• Registered member of NMC
• Experience in an acute rehabilitation setting caring for patients with spinal injuries
• Ability to make important decisions affecting the health and welfare of the residents and s.
• Ability to make decisions, in line with policy and guidance, regarding the day-to-day operation of the centre in the absence of the senior management team.
• Professional post-qualification experience – at least one year
• Communication skills
• Staff managementDesirable:
• Neuro Disability experience
• Neuro Rehabilitation experience
• Organisational skills
• Budget management skills
• Neuro Disability experience
• IT literacy in Microsoft office Key Words
: Registered Nurse, RGN, RMN, Registered Mental Health Nurse, Neurological Conditions.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.