I am looking for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) experienced in working with adults with learning disabilities to join this specialist care home for adults in Dundee, as Staff Nurse. The residential service provides specialist care to up to ten residents with learning disabilities and complex needs. You will form part of the multidisciplinary team to support those with complex behaviour including enduring mental health needs. My client is part of one of the UK’s largest mental health and learning disabilities healthcare providers and prides itself on the delivery of individualised specialist care.
The benefits of this Registered Mental Health Nurse role include:
- Generous salary package
- 33 days annual leave
- 50% NMC renewal paid
- Paid training
- Paid PVG
- Free parking
- Meals on shift
As Staff Nurse (RMN) you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act Scotland 2003. Your daily role will include ensuring each resident is supported in daily living, developing life skills and participating in social activities. You will administer prescribed medication and ensure that under NMC guidelines, individualised care plans are completed and maintained.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse – RMN:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Deputising in the absence of senior members of nursing staff
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RMN) must have:
- Registered Nurse qualified (RMN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act Scotland 2003 and latest nursing practices
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.