Position –Registered Mental Health Nurse – Female Personality Disorder
Ref – STRMNBH
Location – Birmingham
Salary – £27,000 - £33,600 DOE
My clients are an inpatient rehabilitation hospital which is well placed to serve the Midlands region and provides for the needs of women who have complex mental health problems and a history of challenging behaviour.
Our Clients are one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK, with hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) the role involves:
• Providing a high standard of care to people with mental illness and personality disorder
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• At a more senior level, you’ll also need to lead shifts as well as mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
As Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) you’ll need:
• A relevant nursing qualification and registration
• Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
• A commitment to patient-centered care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
• The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) you will receive a wide range of benefits:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
• Extra Service Annual leave awards.
• Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
• A contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private medical insurance
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Free meals/refreshments when on duty
• Free car parking
• Relaxation Days/Shopping Days
• Private Dental Cover
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.