Position – Registered Home Manager - Ashford
Ref - STRHMA
Location – Ashford
Salary – £32,000
Hours - Full Time
Our client specialises in providing nursing and personal care for individuals with complex neurological conditions and associated physical disabilities. They also work with people living with mental health problems.
Their focus is on offering individuals the opportunities they need to take small, positive steps towards achieving their goals, reintegrating into the community and safely coping with everyday life in a supportive, positive environment.
Encouraging independence, determination and self-belief is at the heart of everything they do. With these attributes, people are much more likely to recover and have the confidence to attain a more stable, independent future.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead and direct the day-to-day operational management of the home, ensuring that available resources are used effectively to enable the provision of a good quality service.
• Ensure that all staff working within the home receive regular supervision, in accordance with company policy.
• Work closely with the Service Development Team, participating in the selection and compatibility of potential new residents, their assessment, and transition into the home if appropriate.
• Ensure that all service users have a dynamic support plan, which involves the person as far as is possible, takes account that person’s needs and aspirations, and is reviewed regularly.
• Hold responsibility for ensuring that the home operates in accordance with all statutory requirements, using the National Minimum Standards as a benchmark for good practice.
• Ensure that the home offers a safe environment geared to creating opportunities for the personal development of service users, taking into account practical, physical and emotional needs.
• Take a lead role for risk analysis within the home, ensuring that appropriate assessments take place, and plans put in place to minimise risk where necessary.
• Ensure that all steps are taken to maintain the health of people living within the home.
• Play a supporting role to Senior Managers regarding the Contract Monitoring process, providing reports and management information on the conduct of the home where this is necessary.
• Liaise with external Agencies as appropriate, and ensure that contact between the staff team and those Agencies is conducted in a professional manner.
Staff Training & Development:
• To work alongside the Training Co-Ordinator to help collate information to inform the development of the Company’s Training Programme, relevant to the Organisation as a whole, and the home in particular.
• To assist the Training Co-Ordinator in ensuring that the Training programme is supported, and attended by staff.
• To support the monitoring and implementation of the Company Induction & Foundation Training processes, as necessary.
• To participate in training aimed at developing the post holders own skill and knowledge base, as required.
• To lead, or participate in, staff training sessions from time to time as required.
• To support and participate in, the implementation of the Company’s NVQ Programme.
Qualification & Training:
• A supporting qualification in Learning Disabilities or an associated area e.g., RMN
• A minimum of 2 years experience at a Senior Area/ Regional Area level. If under 2 years experience this may be compensated by a Supporting Qualification
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.