Position – Registered General Nurse / Neuro Rehab – Sheffield
Location – Sheffield
Salary – £14.50 PH
Hours – Full Time or Part Time
About the Centre
My client is currently looking for a Registered General Nurse to join their Neuro rehabilitation centre in Sheffield.
Sheffield’s care centre specialises in providing both long-term and short-term person-centred rehabilitation, care and support for male and female adults (aged 18+ years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.Job Summary –
The successful candidate will contribute to the development of a model of rehabilitation that is therapy led; which enables young adults who have a neurological disorder to lead as full and as independent life as possible. You will also supervise a team of Rehabilitation Support Workers (RSW’s) under the guidance of the therapy team in the achievement of individual and team goals (based around written therapy guidelines) and in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements and best practice. You will make effective and efficient use of resources and report any service deficiencies as they may occur.Main Responsibilities –
• To promote and maintain a safe and comfortable environment for all SBIRC clients and a pleasant and receptive climate for the client’s relatives and visitors.
• To ensure the written guidelines for rehabilitation produced by the
• therapy team are read, understood and acted upon by all nurses and RSW’s and other members of the team as relevant.
• To help formulate and monitor in conjunction with the therapy team systems/methods for effective goal planning, risk assessment, delivery and evaluation of the client’s rehabilitation, physical care, emotional and general well-being.
• To administer and control drugs and medications including homely remedies as per company policy, NMC and CSCI guidelines.
• To undertake direct nursing care as necessary.
• To check the safety and readiness for use of nursing equipment/aids and supervise the ordering and availability of medical and other supplies.
• To establish good working relationships, encourage team spirit and a quality orientated service.
• To ensure the legibility and accuracy of all records, and monitor the effectiveness of established communication/reporting systems.
• To ensure any concerns or issues regarding individual service users are brought to the attention of the Inter Disciplinary Team meeting (held every Wednesday).
• To assist in admission, including the administration of admissions transfer and discharge of clients.
• In the event of the death of a client, to liaise with the relatives/next-of-kin and relevant agencies as necessary.Key Words –
Staff Nurse, Rehab, Neuro, NMC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.