Position: Pre Assessment Nurse
Salary: up to £28k Pro rata DOE
Hours: Part Time 20 hours
The Vacancy -
Our clients are leading independent hospitals with a reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments and services since 1983. The hospital is situated in the quiet landscaped grounds and has 54 single bedrooms and 1 twin-bedded room, all with en-suite facilities. The hospital provides services for both private and NHS patients
My clients Hospital are looking to recruit an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse who is passionate about delivering excellent standards of care, to join our committed Outpatients team
This is a part time position working 20 hours per week reporting to our Outpatient Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Recent post qualification surgical experience
• Experience in Pre-admission clinics.
• Knowledge in current national guidance around pre-optimising patients prior to surgery
• Experience of a team approach to care delivery
Technical Skills and Application:
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care in collaboration with patients and their carers using data collected from medical questionnaires, previous notes, telephone communications and face to face if required; Identify individual patient requirements and plan an individualised care pathway; Responsible for carrying out appropriate clinical interventions required to deliver comprehensive patient care; Liaise with all departments to ensure pathway can be delivered; Liaise with bookings team, consultants, anaesthetists and theatre manager to ensure appropriate theatre allocation is applied.
Pre assessment RGN should -
• Maintain accurate accounts of nursing treatment, care planning and delivery. Ensures Pre-admission statistics are correctly recorded for collection/evaluation/audit.
• Uses excellent communication skills to undertake pre and post operative phone calls to ensure continuity for the patient
• Reports clinical concerns to relevant consultants’;
• Liaises with GPs and health professionals for all patients which require a cancellation or postponement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and on own initiative as required.
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the service.
• Demonstrated customer service skills and focus.
• Proven organisational skills.
• Confident and engaging telephone skills.
In return, we offer the successful applicant:
• 33 Days Annual Leave (pro rata for part time)
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• On-going training and development
• Free Off - Site Parking
• Staff restaurant
Key words- OPD, Outpatients, RGN, Pre Assessment
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.