I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with relevant experience to join this specialist care home for 8 adults with learning disabilities service in Birmingham, West Midlands as Registered Nurse on a part time basis. The service provides care to adults who are living with a learning disability and complex needs including challenging behaviours and some mental health needs. My client is part of one of the UK’s largest mental health and learning disabilities healthcare providers. They pride themselves on the delivery of individualised specialist care to those who need additional support to live independently.
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) you will have a clear understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and be experienced in providing therapeutic care to patients. Your daily role will include ensuring individualised care plans are completed and maintained and will work closely with the wider multidisciplinary team to develop and improve care provided.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse – RMN:
- Providing and developing person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
- The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RMN) must have:
- Registered Nurse qualified (RMN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and latest nursing practices
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.