Position – Paediatric Nurse - Surrey
Location – Surrey
Ref – ZAPAENRS
Salary – Negotiable
Hours – Full Time
Job Role -
My client is looking for a Paediatric Nurse to join their department at their hospital. The successful candidate will provide the following care:
To provide exemplary planned care for children aged from birth to 16 years.
To assist and advise planned care for young people aged 16 – 18 years.
Assist in the management and organisation of care provision to children within the hospital.
Overall Responsibilities –
• Assess Childs’ health and wellbeing across a complex and changing caseload.
• Assist in the delivery of family centred care to meet the health and wellbeing needs of the child.
• Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
• Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
• Promotes best practice in Health and Safety, security, and safeguarding the welfare of children.
• Assist in maintaining and developing the paediatric service.
• Contribute to quality improvement.
• Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights.
• Acknowledge the risk of Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand own responsibility as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
Qualifications, Training and Experience –
• Registered Sick Children’s Nurse.
• Working towards a post registration qualification in a clinical specialism.
• Registered Nurse Adult Branch or equivalent.
• EPLS or equivalent.
• Working in teams.
• Work with minimum supervision.
• Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes.
• Experience in a caring role.
Knowledge and Technical Ability –
• Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge.
• Posses the mandatory training requirements for role including child protection, infection control and health and safety competencies.
• Demonstrate principles of accountable practice.
• English language to IELTS 7.0
• Continuing professional development.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.