Position – PACU Nurse – Recovery and Pre Assessment – Bristol
REF – ZAPACNRS1
Location – Bristol
Salary – Competitive
Hours – Full Time – 37.5 Hrs
Job Summary -
My client has an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join the multidisciplinary team. My client only treats NHS patients, and is focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people in the south west area. My client offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. In addition, they also provide diagnostic services, using the latest X-ray and ultrasound technology.Responsible To -
Theatre ManagerKey Responsibilities -
Working within PACU, you will provide clinical care working closely with all disciplines to ensure the promotion of high standards for all patients requiring all aspects of preoperative, perioperative and postoperative care, encompassing a variety of specialities, ensuring patients are appropriately monitored and cared for pre and post their surgery and ensure patients are fit and discharged from the unit appropriately.Skills, Experience & Qualifications -
• To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive experience within an acute environment with recent experience in the recovery of patients following surgery.
• Previous experience in pre-assessment.
• A good understanding of Infection Control and Health and Safety issues relating to theatre.
• Competency to care for patients in recovery.
• Knowledge of when need to refer to anaesthetist
• Level 1 NMC RGN
• ENB 176/183 or equivalent post operative surgical care experience.
• ILS Training
My client will consider full and part time applications.
Key Words: PACU, Recovery Nurse, RGN, Pre Assessment, NMC.
For more information please contact Zoe Allen at Pulse Jobs on 07918720922 alternatively
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.