Position –Outpatients Sister – Birmingham
Ref – DBOPSISBIRM
Salary – up to £31,000
Hours – 37.5 hours
We are looking for Sister/Charge Nurse to join the Pre Assessment team in the Outpatients Department in Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in Birmingham.
Our client Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Duties of this role
• To lead the Pre Assessment service and assist in the daily delivery of excellent nurse led patient care for patients undergoing elective surgery.
• To ensure that standards of customer care are consistently maintained at an excellent level in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the department team.
• To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all customers, employees and visitors.
• To maintain a robust pre-operative process and be the main point of contact for the service, liaising with other departments to ensure the best possible patient care.
• To provide support and guidance for junior members of staff.
• To carry out detailed preoperative assessment of elective patients, including initiation of discharge planning procedures
• To carry out/ initiate preoperative investigations/diagnostic tests in line with existing pre-assessment protocols.
• To be responsible for following up and reviewing investigation results and alerting appropriate clinicians as necessary.
• Using relevant algorithms and risk assessment tools to identify areas of clinical concern, referring on to relevant specialists as per set criteria.
Salary & Benefits:
• Competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
• Healthcare Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Staff Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday per annum
• Gym membership discount
As a Sister/Charge Nurse you need:
• Registered Nurse with experience in a pre-admission setting.
• Up to date surgical knowledge and skills.
• Aware of NMC code of accountability.
• Department management/stats/financial control.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrates confidentiality.
• Enhanced computer skills
• ECG and phlebotomy skills.
Key Words – Senior, RGN, RN, Nurse, Registered, Team leader, Wards, Outpatients, Pre Assessment, Surgical Day case.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.