Position – Outpatient and Pre Assessment Lead- Northamptonshire
Ref – DB1971OUT
Salary – £29,333- £32,407- DOE
Hours – Full Time
Pulse is currently working alongside the UK’s leading private healthcare organisations that are looking to recruit an experienced Outpatient and Pre Assessment Lead to join their busy Outpatient Department at a Private Hospital in Northamptonshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outpatient and pre Assessment lead who is a self motivated individual to continue to exceed performance expectations, exemplary customer service and first rate patient care. The successful candidate will be pivotal in ensuring the delivery of high standards of care and will be part of the team that supports the Outpatient manager in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the outpatients Department.
• Support the Outpatient Manager to provide strong clinical leadership skills, supporting, energising, inspiring and empowering others in pursuit of a shared vision to ensure the effective management of the department
• To assist and support the Outpatient Manager in the establishment of an efficient working environment, making the most effective and efficient use of staff, supplies and services.
• In the absence of the outpatient manager, co-ordinates the day-to-day management of the clinical area, delegates duties and care appropriately, whilst maintaining overall responsibility.
• Ensures that staffing and skill mix is maintained, at all times, to a level that does not compromise patient safety
• To deputise for the Outpatient Manager in their absence
• To play a lead role in the review and on going development of the pre-assessment service.
• To liaise closely with the admissions manager, theatre manager and ward manager with regard to booked admissions, cancellations and DNA’s, complex admissions and potential discharge problem.
• To play a lead role in the management of the suspended waiting list facilitating patient flow through the healthcare system.
• To be responsible for the day to day management of the pre assessment service and provide relevant data regarding activity, and resources on the template provided
• To ensure all complex, high risk patients are reviewed and signed off by Matron prior to admission.
• To provide structure and management of anesthetic clinics, ensuring appropriate activity, processes and staffing.
Qualification/ Key Criteria:
• Registered General Nurse
• Previous Pre-assessment experience, minimum of 3 years
• Ability to impart complex information to patients, relatives and MDT with different levels of understanding
• Intermediate Life Support
• Demonstrable leadership and time management skills
• Demonstrable ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills, with attention to detail
• Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers
• Independent sector experience
• Experience at Sister/Band 6 level
• Excel spread sheet knowledge
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.