Position – Orthopaedic Theatre Nurse – South Yorkshire
Ref - EKORTHSC
Salary – Up to £29K
Hours – Full Time 37.5hrs Per Week
We are looking for a permanent Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse to work on a full-time basis. This position will suit someone looking to develop their career in healthcare. As part of this role you will be required to assist in the assessment and implementation of patient care needs within the Operating department and ensure all patients are treated in a professional manner and that confidentiality is adhered to. You will be required to provide skilled assistance to surgeons in line with the First Assistant role without direct supervision, and to demonstrate procedures to and supervise qualified and unqualified staff as required and appropriate.
This is a full time role that is 37.5 hours per week.
- To participate as a scrubbed and circulating member of the Theatre team during surgical procedures and carry out the necessary safety checks as laid down by Claremont Hospital Policy and Procedure and the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To assist in the preparation of, clearing and cleaning of the theatres in accordance with the daily operating lists.
- To demonstrate an understanding of and use of specialist equipment.
- To ensure that agreed stock levels are maintained and consumption levels are monitored and utilised effectively.
- To participate in on-call duties to provide the hospital with 24 hour cover. Provide surgical assistance to surgeons when required. It is essential that you are registered with the NMC/HCPC with an NVQ level 3 qualifications.
- It is also essential that you have attended a 1st Assistant Course and can demonstrate evidence of this.
- You should also have experience of working with Orthopaedic cases. You should be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be proactive; the ability to organise and prioritise using your initiative is vital.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
RGN or post EN conversion course
Post registration clinical course (desirable)
Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
Aware of NMC code of accountability
Surgical ward management
Proven experience in an acute hospital
Preferred HDU experience
For more information please contact Ellie King at Pulse Jobs on 0161 245 4453 alternatively,
please forward your CV to email@example.com
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.