Position – Ophthalmic Nurse – Rochdale.
Ref – EKOPHT.
Salary – Dependent on experience.
Hours – Part Time – 16 Hours Per Week.
We have a fantastic Part Time opportunity for Registered Nurses with Ophthalmic experience to join our Out Patient team at Rochdale Ophthalmology Clinic..
As a Registered Nurse within the service, you will be expected to:
• Manage the day to day case workload allocated
• Practice advanced clinical skills and to be responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care
• Participate in the development of nurse-led clinical services within the specialist field in an out-patient setting providing expert advice, specialist education and training to others
• To work effectively as part of a multi professional team, in line with protocols and policies of the local service and Care UK and professional boundaries
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Evidence of post registration experience in Ophthalmology
• Demonstrable knowledge of principles and philosophy of Clinical Governance
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing Experience in wet AMD, Glaucoma, pre and post cataract care and theatre experience would be an advantage
• Registered General Nurse (Level 1)
• Post Basic Qualification in Ophthalmology (ENB 346) or equivalent experience
This role is based within Out Patients and the hours of work will be between 9 am and 5pm with some evening clinics. Candidates will be expected to work from Rochdale, Bolton and possibly Preston.
Key Words – Ophthalmic, RGN, Outpatients, Rochdale, Lancashire
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.