Operating Department Practitioners (OPD) – Band 6
Pulse is a leading preferred supplier to a number of NHS Trusts and Private clients in London. We supply temporary staff to more hospitals than any other healthcare agency in London and we have been awarded Platinum status by the London Procurement Program.
With an overwhelming increase in demand from our clients, Pulse London Nursing Agency are looking for experienced Operating department practitioners (ODPs) Band 6 to work in the NHS and Private sectors in London and the surrounding areas of London. We offer a range of shifts to suit: long and short days, nights, ad hoc and lines of work.
Operating Department Practitioners (ODPs) are an important part of the operating department team working with surgeons, anaesthetists and theatre nurses to help ensure every operation is as safe and effective as possible.
Successful candidate will:
- Minimum of 12 months current clinical experience
- Active HCPC Registration
- Proficient in all aspects of ODP work (Anaesthetics / Recovery)
- Applicant to maintain personal contact with patients being sensitive to their needs and ensuring a friendly environment at all times
- Applicants to ensure all procedures are carried out in accordance with Trust policies.
- Be reliable
- Be self motivated
- Be able to deal with conflict
- Have commitment to self development
- Have excellent communication skills
In return we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible hours to meet your needs
- Immediate employment opportunities in your preferred location
- Referral scheme – EARN £250 vouchers per nurse recommended to us *conditions apply
- Free mandatory training including on Saturdays
- Dedicated and experienced consultants and support staff who will take the complications out of your registration with online interviews
- As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. We regret that we cannot accept applications from candidates seeking work permits.
- In order to register, you will be required to meet our compliance standards, including satisfactory employment references.
If you are an experienced ODP and you are interested in flexible shifts apply below. Apply with a copy of your CV or leave your contact details and one of our Consultants will get in touch within 24 hours.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.