Position – Theatre - Operating Department Practitioner –Anaesthetics, Recovery or Scrub - Leeds
Ref - EKODPL
Salary – Up to £32,000
Hours – Full Time/Part Time
We’re looking for an exceptional Operating Department Practitioner with drive, passion and high standards. We’re looking for a highly skilled, experienced and passionate ODP to work in the Theatre department. This is an opportunity to work autonomously, make full use of your skills and knowledge and add value. You’ll be able to grow your career and be free of the constraints that prevent you from achieving job satisfaction.
About this theatre role
In our hospitals, our nurses are empowered to act autonomously, working directly with leading consultants and like-minded professionals. This is a highly valued role as our reputation with consultants can depend on you. So you’ll be respected for your professionalism and expertise.
Working as part of a close-knit multidisciplinary team, you’ll have opportunities to work on a varied caseload using technology, equipment and facilities, which are state-of-the-art and maintained to our high standards. Thanks to our strong Matron leadership, exceptional service and focus on patients’ experience, or hospitals have excellent CQC reports and infection control records.
Your key accountabilities will be:
• Supervising and supporting clinical support staff and junior staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet development needs
• Delivering high quality patient care, which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
• Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care as part of a collaborative programme
Our highly successful, purpose-built hospital, deals with complex surgery and a vast range of specialities involving some 300 consultants. These facilities, and high standards of care, make us one of the leading providers of private healthcare in the area. Our staff are welcoming, friendly and supportive, headed by a caring and effective management team. We’re close to the city centre and central railway station.
Qualifications, skills and values
As a registered Operating Department Practitioner, you’ll have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration. You’ll also have post-registration experience. Immediate / Advanced Life Support are desirable.
You’ll be an excellent communicator and team worker – flexible and motivated. As part of the wider hospital team you’ll interact with colleagues on the ward because you understand that continuity in patient care is key.
Key employee benefits:
• Continuing professional and career development
• Generous holiday and leave arrangements
• Flexible pension options
• Life assurance and healthcare schemes
• Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
• Free membership of our Health Fitness Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
• Cycle to work scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
• Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
• We are committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees.
Key Words: Theatre, Practitioner, ODP, Anaesthetics, Scrub, Recovery, NMC, HCPC, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.