An exciting opportunity for an Operating Department Practitioner specialising within Anaesthetics team has arisen at this pregnancy advisory service in Doncaster. This is an exciting chance to join a national group with an excellent reputation as part of their Theatre team. My client is looking for a dynamic and hardworking ODP from a private or NHS setting to join this team on a part-time basis.
As a registered ODP Anaesthetics, you will have experience relevant to your qualification including an active HCPC registration. The ideal candidate for this position will be confident working in fast paced and high-pressured environment with minimal supervision. In your daily role you will deliver high standards of care and promote the safety and well-being of patients at all times. You will have experience working in a similar role and be confident supervising and supporting clinical staff in the delivery of care.
The benefits of this ODP Anaesthetics include:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave pro rata
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and development
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the safe movement of patients throughout the operating department
- Completing the operating department register as required
- Undertaking counts of swabs, instruments and needles in conjunction with members of the multidisciplinary team
- Adhering to infection control policies and make every effort to maintain high standards
- Assisting with the positioning of the client before, after and during the surgical procedure
- Ensuring relevant sections of the surgery checklist are completed before and after the procedure
- Leading or assisting with emergency procedures including resuscitation
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Practitioner with relevant experience & registration (ODP)
- Anaesthetics course & 6 months minimum experience working within anaesthetics
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the HCPC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.