We are urgently looking for Band 5 and 6 Occupational Health Nurses to join our growing team at Pulse for a variety of flexible and long term assignments in Cornwall. Pulse is currently working alongside private and public sector clients across the county in order to establish a new team of occupational health nurses who come with experience in corporate, industrial or NHS occupational health services.
The successful OH Nurse Advisor will be organised, reliable and able to prioritise own workload. You will have excellent communication skills. A Post Graduate Qualification in Occupational Health, current registration with the NMC (part 3) and 6-12 months experience are required for this role
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide all aspects of nursing care including assessments, consultation, advice, education, phlebotomy, testing and immunisations,
- To work Autonomously and understand when referral to specialists is necessary and make referral as required
- Complete assessments and manage case load from referral to final outcome
- Undertake Risk Assessments for BBVs and appropriate action, in line with the DoH Guidelines following body fluid exposure/needlestick injury
- To keep appropriate records in line with departmental and Trust protocol
- To assess fitness to work following management referral
- Carry out any other reasonable duties, as requested by the manager or supervisor, as per the needs of the service.
PULSE CAN OFFER YOU
- Flexible working opportunities
- Holiday pay
- Recognition of achievement at the annual Pulse nursing awards
- Daily Payroll service
- Referral Scheme – earn £250 per nurse recommended to Pulse* conditions apply
- Fast Track registration – earn up to £250* conditions apply
- Ipoint app allowing you to access Payslips, book shifts, update availability 24 hours a day.
- Our specialist Revalidation Team is on hand to support Pulse nurses and midwives, where we are their main employer, through the NMC revalidation process.
Pulse is a leading UK and international provider of health and social care staffing; we are unique in our commitment to delivering the highest quality service through placing the best people.
We support NHS Trusts and private sector organisations by placing the best healthcare professionals into a wider range of roles. We care passionately about the quality of staff and services and recognise the importance of achieving the highest standards. Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help clients deliver the best compassionate care.
Please apply below or alternatively please call us and speak to our dedicated consultant to find out more about this and similar roles.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.