Pulse is currently looking for an Occupational Health nurse to work at a NHS Foundation Trust based in Central London. This trust is one of the most complex NHS trusts in the UK seeing over 950,000 outpatients and admitting over 156,000 patients each year they serve a large and diverse population. With access from multiple transport routes and located a 3-minute walk from the nearest station this is an exciting opportunity to join.
The desired occupational health nurse will be band 5 or above, highly motivated and enthusiastic. You will become a part of the occupational health and safety team who give advice and support where needed to ensure the working environment is safe and offer a range of services to maintain and improve health at work. You will need to be confident and familiar with procedures such as pre-employment health screening, occupational immunisation, rehabilitation following illness or injury, management of occupational exposure to blood and body fluids and confidential counselling (phlebotomy skills are desirable). You should also be confident in the use of electronic records and databases.
Successful occupational health applicants will possess a flexible approach to their duties, be resilient with the ability to strive and work in a busy pressurised environment. You will be an extreme team player who can work independently with excellent communication and the ability to converse in a positive manner with staff on all levels. This trust is committed to delivering top quality patient care, excellent education and world class research you will be required to maintain their standards.
Key skills required for Occupational Health Nurses;
- Must be registered with the NMC.
- Must be band 5 or above.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of occupational health in the workplace
- Competency in immunisation procedures or travel health
- Must have a minimum of twelve months recent experience as a qualified Occupational Health nurse.
- Must be able to provide two clinical references to cover your work history over the last three years.
Why Join Pulse?
- Flexibility – Offering Ad-hoc and Long-term bookings (37.5 hours available at this trust per week).
- Rewarding - Bonuses of up to £250 for recommending your friends and competitive pay rates
- Modern – Book yourself into suitable shifts and update your availability with our free smartphone app, iPoint
- Easy – Convenient online recruitment process
- Supportive – Specialist revalidation support and access to high quality training and development
- Reliable – Daily payroll with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC/LTD and Umbrella
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.