Position – Occupational Health Advisor (Manchester)
Ref – EKOCCHEAMAN
Salary – £34,000-36,000 dependant on experience
Hours – Full Time – 37.5 hours About The Facility
Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of corporate healthcare services, with extensive experience of creating and delivering effective and innovative corporate wellness strategies. You will be working with a skilled and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a supportive and professional environment with opportunities for personal learning and development. Job Description
This post will be based within the Manchester area with onsite delivery across 3 (of our client's sites) and with possible home-based working depending upon service delivery demands. It is a stand alone role working as part of a larger team that is based in London.
The Occupational Health Advisor will work collaboratively with members of the Occupational health team to promote and maintain the health and well-being of the client's employees via the delivery of a comprehensive occupational health service. This role is key in the co-ordination and delivery of the service within designated Healthcare Facilities, primarily in the North of the UK and demands a person who will enjoy providing a high customer focused service.
The post holder has prime responsibility for the coordination of pre-placement process for all prospective employees. On site delivery of workplace immunisation programmes, sharps injury advice and support and onsite & distant occupational health case management. The OHA will be a key point of contact for day to day OH issues for the allocated sites; dealing with, resolving and/or escalating as appropriate.
Travel to our sites in the North West (primarily Manchester) on a regular basis will be required to provide onsite service delivery.Duties & ResponsibilitiesClinical:
• Key role in the Pre-placement process for all employees including assessment of health issues identified and ensuring that all compliance in relation to infectious disease prior to clearance for role.
• Undertake clinical nursing procedures without supervision, including: immunisations, phlebotomy, vision screening, in accordance with Policies and PGDs/PSDs.
• Delivery of a work-related vaccination programme onsite at designated Facilities.
• The management of work related injuries/ill-health referrals.
• Responsibility for the advice and follow up of any Sharp’s/blood splash injuries that occur at the designated North West sites and to provide information to the SOHNA to support quarterly reporting.
• Delivery of Health monitoring /Surveillance programs for employees in areas which may be hazardous to health or a potential health risk, e.g. night workers; respiratory function; skins; audiometry & hearing conservation; food handling; EPP requirements. This would include maintaining of appropriate registers.
• To assist with the management of infection control issues, including contact tracing and screening of exposed staff in accordance with company policies.
• Advise on risk based assessments to develop safe working practices and the prevention of work-related ill health.General:
• Create and maintain sustainable, adequate OH records and ensure their secure and confidential custody in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) guidelines
• To ensure contemporaneous record keeping at all times in line with company Policies.
• To continually review processes and procedures with a view to service enhancement and improvement. Skills & Experience:
• Registered General Nurse (NMC Registered)
• Strong post registration experience
• Registered Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (OH)
• Occupational Health experience including clinical and case management, either the public or private sector (experience within the healthcare sector is advantageous).
• Good knowledge of best practice and legislation within the disciplines of OH, employment law and H&S.
• Evidence of immunisation and anaphylaxis training and updates.Key Words
– Occupational Health Advisor, RGN
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.