Position – Nursing Home Manager – Uttoexter
Location – Uttoexter
Reference – STUTNSH
Salary – Up to £37,000
Hours – Full Time – Permanent
The Vacancy –
As the Nursing Home Manager reporting to the Trustee body, you will have accountability for ensuring that the home offers the highest quality care to its residents in a safe and welcoming environment. The home manager will have overall responsibility for the management of all staff, maintenance of the property, and its equipment. Good financial management is paramount and as such you will be expected to create budgets, manage the income and expenses of the home contributing contribute to achieving excellent financial controls.
The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification and have experience of managing all the functions required in a mid-sized nursing home. You will probably have run a similar sized home and are able to demonstrate success in a comparable role, however talented individuals that believe they have the drive, ambition and determination to make a success of the home please get in touch. The Role –
As the home manager my client is looking for a dedicated and professional candidate who is eager to work with the local community. You will be expected to –
• Ensure that the highest standards of nursing and personal care are delivered to the residents at all times, and that the rating by CQC is maintained at least at ‘Good’.
• Motivate all staff in your team to support you to maintain that rating.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
• Conduct pre-admission assessments and complete accurate costing’s for prospective admissions.
• Support, coach and develop your team and maintain meaningful and accurate care plans by assessment and evaluation of the service user’s needs.
• Build the staff team to support each other and you, promoting pride in their job and the home.
• Take responsibility for all recruitment, employee relations and other people related issues.
• Maintain and co-ordinate staff training and development, conduct appraisals and supervisions to build a highly motivated professional team.
• Work with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities as necessary.
• Identify new business and build the profile of the home within the local community.
• Create and manage budgets to ensure that costs are controlled and the home is profitable.
• Meet and liaise with the Trustees on a regular basis to develop the strategy of the home and communicate progress.
• Manage the maintenance of the home to ensure it is in a safe and condition using the appropriate staff to support you.The Candidate
To meet the needs of this role you will need to have previous care home management experience with exposure to the private sector. You must have a first level nursing qualification with a current PIN. My client will expect you to have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and be up to date with current evidence based practice.
To be able to develop the home further my client will expect you to be -
• Self-motivated, approachable and supportive with a flexible attitude
• A strong leader with clear management abilities
• A competent clinician
• Able to demonstrate commercial acumen.
• Competitive salary
• 33 days holiday entitlement including bank holidays
• Membership of Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
• Training and development opportunitiesKey Words –
Registered Nurse, RGN, Care Home, Nursing Home, Manager, Registered Manager
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.