My client is part of a regional healthcare group with an outstanding reputation for exceptional standards of nursing care based in Telford. The service provides specialist nursing, dementia and palliative care for elderly residents with physical disability or sensory impairment. I am recruiting for an experienced Night Nurse (RGN) with experience in elderly and end of life care to join this medium sized, private, elderly nursing home.
As a Night Nurse (RGN), you will be competent across a range of clinical skills and have a clear understanding of the hurdles facing those who need palliative and elderly nursing care. You will have experience working in a similar role or in a nursing home or hospital setting with elderly patients. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing expert elderly nursing care and be dedicated to delivering expert care in a safe and secure environment. The service provides individually tailored care for all residents and deliver weekly arts and crafts, music and movement and other social sessions to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
Responsibilities for the Night Nurse – Registered General Nurse - RGN:
- Providing, and developing the delivery of person centred care
- Educating and supporting healthcare and junior staff members
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualified with relevant experience (RGN)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.