An exciting opportunity for a Midwife Practitioner (Registered Midwife) has arisen at this pregnancy advisory service in Warwickshire. My client is looking for a dynamic and hardworking Registered Midwife with experience in a similar setting to join their team on a part time, permanent basis. You will provide Abortion and Sexual Health information, conduct pre-treatment assessment and treatment to patients in a supportive manner. You will provide this care in line with the NMC guidelines for professional practice and the Abortion Act 1967. In this role you will cover telecommunications, EMA and Surgical Lists.
The benefits of this Midwife Practitioner (Registered Midwife) include:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- 34 days annual leave pro rata
- Pension scheme
- Comprehensive training and development
As Midwife Practitioner (Registered Midwife), you will carry out point of care testing including pregnancy tests and venepuncture if required. You will make arrangements for the admission of patients and act as an advocate ensuring that adequate information is provided to ensure effective continuing care. You will have a knowledge of the Abortion Act, abortion procedures and clinical guidelines. You will be skilled in contraception, counselling and ultrasound scanning skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing comfort, support and reassurance to patients during anxious times
- Respecting the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of patients
- Completing case notes accurately and in full ensuring all writing is legible
- Providing accurate, comprehensive and concise recordings concerning the client
- Obtaining advice and guidance from the clinic/patient’s GP if there is a medical condition which may impact the treatment
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Midwife qualified with relevant experience & registration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Up to date clinical experience
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.