Pulse Nursing are currently seeking Band 2 Mental Health Care Assistant (HCA) for a variety of ad-hoc shifts on Mental Health units at a Mental Health Trust based in Southampton. We are looking for dedicated, compassionate and reliable HCAs who are looking for work opportunities that offer you the flexibility to work shifts to suit your lifestyle. You will have the advantage of managing your availability and self-book shifts using our online app - iPoint.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To observe report and record changes in the clients physical, mental health and behaviour.
- To provide the necessary physical care to clients to help them complete daily living activities i.e. personal hygiene, diet and fluid intake, clothing and laundry, maintaining personal environment, maintaining rest and sleep and activity, physical observations.
- To provide social activities, emotional support and stability to clients to ensure effective engagement whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- To contribute in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluating care.
- To create and maintain professional supportive relationships with all members of staff with other professionals and agencies to enhance recovery.
- To carry out observations as per individual care plans
- To participate in, and where required co-facilitate, therapeutic and social engagement group work
- To undertake prescribed physical observations as follows: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, blood sugars, urinalysis, weight and height and report results to the nurse in charge
At Pulse Nursing we pride ourselves on offering a service of excellence, which is why we offer:
- Rewarding – Competitive pay rates and bonuses up to £250 for recommending your friends*.
- Dynamic – Work across different NHS hospitals and other setting
- Modern – Book yourself into suitable shifts and update your availability with our free smartphone app, iPoint.
- Reliable – Daily payroll with a range of payment options
- Easy – Convenient online recruitment process.
If you are interested in speaking to a member of the team about the role, please contact me on 020709591032. Alternatively, click on the "Apply" button below and we will be in touch within 24 hours to assist.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.